Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies (WISHES) is the first accredited institution of higher learning offering online undergraduate up to postgraduate studies in Islamic Studies major in Aqeedah, Islamic Personality Development and Da'wah According to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.
“He (Allah) grants wisdom to whom He
pleases; and he to whom wisdom is granted receives indeed a benefit
overflowing; but none will grasp the Message but men of
those who believe and work deeds of righteousness will (Allah) Most
Gracious bestow Love.”
“The best amongst
you are those who have the best manners and
“O mankind! We created you from a single
(pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that
you may know each other (not that you may despise each other).
Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the
most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well
acquainted (with all things).”
“...Say: ‘Are those equal, those who know and those who do not
know? It is those who are endowed with understanding that receive
raise up, to (suitable) ranks (and degrees), those of you who believe and
have been granted Knowledge. And Allah is well-acquainted with all
Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer)! Bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the
righteous; grant me honorable mention on the tongue of truth among the
latest (generations); make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of
“Truly my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my
death, are (all) for Allah, the Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) of the
Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer)! Accept (this service) from us.
Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the
1. What are the reasons behind the establishment of the
Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies (WISHES)
as an Online School?
1) To seek the pleasure of Allah the Almighty by making Islamic education based on the authentic Islamic knowledge (i.e., Qur'an and Sunnah) accessible for all Muslims worldwide as the acquisition of (Islamic) knowledge according to the Prophet is a must for all Muslims (men and women).
Many leading institutions of higher learning have embraced the concept of
online education as we are now in the information age or information
technology revolution. Among them are offering Islamic Studies but
not based on the
Qur'an and the Sunnah.
3) 2. Why it is better to study at WISHES online school vis-à-vis other foreign educational institutions?
1) Several universities from America, Europe and Australia are operating in some parts of the Arabian Gulf, elsewhere in the Middle East and Asia, but they charge exorbitant tuition fees (between $4,500 & $15,000 per year for undergraduate & postgraduate courses) beyond the means of many expatriates. Most expatriates particularly in the Middle East, therefore, have no access to higher education.
2) Children of expatriates based in the Arabian Gulf (Middle East) normally do not have access to colleges and universities in the host countries not only due to high tuition fees but also due to medium of instruction and other problems.
3) Many expatriates oftentimes face dilemma whether to keep their overseas jobs or join their children in their home countries where they both can continue their studies. Sticking to their overseas jobs while leaving their children back home does not appear to be a wise decision to many of them who are aware of drug abuse, kidnapping and other problems prevalent in their home countries.
4) The curricula for all degrees are relevant and responsive to the needs of the students and the society for their success both in this world and the life hereafter.
5) Islamic Studies subjects are based on authentic sources (i.e., according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah).
6) All graduates of this institution will be able to practice and share their knowledge of Islam in its purest form with wisdom and hence, success.
3. Would other educational institutions (colleges and universities) and companies in the Philippines and abroad recognize the academic degrees awarded by this institution?
Yes, because WISHES is an accredited institution of higher learning by the Philippine Government, as such any other educational institution in other countries is expected to recognize its awarded degrees with all the rights, honors and privileges as well as the obligations and responsibilities associated with them. However, each institution must have its own criteria or perceived standards for recognizing an academic degree completed in the Philippines or elsewhere. With regards to employment opportunities, it must be noted that many graduates from the educational institutions in the Philippines are employed in the USA, Middle East and other countries abroad.
WISHES is a member of Worldwide Classroom (WWC), a Consortium for International Education & Multicultural Studies, which encourages its members strive to improve academic standards and/or multicultural experiences and outcomes for students. WWC, established in 1968, is based in the USA (P.O. Box 1166 Milwaukee, WI 53201 USA, Tel: (414) 224-3476 Fax: (414) 224-3466).
non-Muslims allowed to join this institution?
any fee for application? If there is any, how much?
does it take for the application to be approved?
be admitted if I lack one or more of the requirements?
I want to join in this institution, do I have to start during the first
accept transferees from other colleges or universities?
12. How reasonable are the
tuition fees charged by this institution?
13.The tuition fees in this institution is
the lowest, does it not affect its standard or quality of
much do I have to pay for the course materials? How can I avail of
What is meant by
16. I'm a busy student as I'm working at the same
time and I don't have much time to login in the MOODLE, is it a must for
me to login every now and
How can I contact my
are the requirements and grading system of this institution?
case, I decide to discontinue from this institution can I get back my
20.I am presently working, but I want to
finish my degree on time, can I take the maximum number of units allowed?
do students get their diplomas and transcript of records? Is it to be
downloaded online or by e-mail?
Double Degree BA Islamic Studies and BSE/BSEEd Major in English.
College of Education 1) Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Elementary
Bachelor of Science in
Wisdom Projects for Global Peace, Development and Success
Copyright © 2003-2012
Search this site: